Saturday, February 20

the song i will never get over

You cool your bed-warm hands down on the broken radiator,
And when you lay them freezing on me, I mumble "can you wake me later?"
But I don't really want you to stop and you know it so it doesn't stop you
And run your hands from my neck to my chest

Crack the shutters open wide, I wanna bathe you in the light of day
And just watch you as the rays tangle up around your face and body
I could sit for hours finding new ways to be awed each minute
Cuz' the daylight seems to want you just as much as I want you

It's been minutes, it's been days, it's been all I will remember
Happy lost in your hair and the cold side of the pillow
Your hills and valleys are mapped by my intrepid fingers
And in a naked slumber, I dream all this again

Crack the shutters open wide, I wanna bathe you in the light of day
And just watch you as the rays tangle up around your face and body
I could sit for hours finding new ways to be awed each minute
Cuz' the daylight seems to want you just as much as I want you

Crack the shutters open wide, I wanna bathe you in the light of day
And just watch you as the rays tangle up around your face and body
I could sit for hours finding new ways to be awed each minute
Cuz' the daylight seems to want you just as much as I want you 

crack the shutters by snow patrol


and you wouldn't believe how much i've been craving this place





images via etc

3 comments:

  1. Hi, i write here because there are pics of Effeil Tower in Paris, and i'm french, so i think that the right place.

    I read Le Love too and i find your blog. I read all of your blog and he touch my heart a lot, because he's write with your heart and that's all. No "intelligent words", no big and long reflexions, just your little thoughts. And i'm like it. Really. There are a little thing that give me smile. (Oh, i'm not sure that this sentence is correct :s) Maybe you will understand it..
    So, me too, i have my blog, i don't know if you speak french and if you have time for you, but i'm post the link, if you would like see:

    http://messyromantic.tumblr.com
    (there are english posts :) )

    Okay, so i wish you the better things, maybe you answer me, maybe not, anyway, i will follow your blog.

    Have a good day!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm.. Sorry for my baaaad english..

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the kind words! your comment made my day :) i went to your blog and saw that you had an Austin Kleon newspaper poem - i am a big fan of his!!
    take care
    :)

    ReplyDelete