Saturday, May 14

creepy finals

below is my final project for my concepts class. we had to take the stories of Hansel and Gretel and Puss in Boots and make two versions of one scene in both stories–one that was more horrific or dark, and one that was more happy or lighthearted.

the simplifier in my brain titled them "creepy" and "not creepy", but really they're all pretty creepy

puss in boots sketch 
(i actually turned this in as my final "creepy" version because i liked it better than the abomination below)

attempted final creepy version of puss in boots

i think this one's my fave. lighthearted version of puss in boots


my computer is being downright mean to me this morning and refusing to rotate this image, i apologize in advance for your neck cramp
but this is the hansel & gretel sketch


intended creepy version. i wanted the composition and use of color to be what made it creepy, so i used colors and expressions to achieve that. i'd say 60% success, 40% wtf


not creepy version (yet, like i said, still kinda creepy)


finals are juussstt about over. i have a 10 page paper to finish today and then my summer begins. while i'm VERY grateful to have 2 internships, a job, and a summer class to keep busy with, i'm desperately hoping to still have a summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment