Tuesday, January 17

lions, pears & other monumental things

this was the beautiful sky on the drive home to philly after my friend helped me move most of my stuff out of my apartment in nyc

  

and below are some before and after photos of my room at home, where i'll be living for the next few months to help take care of my mom, who is sick. since i have to take a leave of absence from school this semester, i turned half of my room into an art studio so i could keep working



my dog, Chachi, is very excited to have me home, and has shown it by licking my face every chance he gets and shedding white hair all over every square inch of the house. this was the last time he'd be let into my room, i just wanted him to check out my new digs. i got his lick of approval.




and this is the first thing i painted in my new "art studio" since finishing the semester, since moving home, since life did a drastic 180 degree flip.



it's a little drawing on scrap paper of lions in love

and it's the first of many new things to be created, because i can't just like..sit and mope about shit! everything is an opportunity if you let it be. that said, i'm going to be self-publishing the book i made for my senior thesis project. that's right, "Oops, Baby" (and other little books and zines) will soon be coming to a coffee table near you. they'll be available for purchase through my etsy shop. i'll keep ya updated :)

oh and i also plan on becoming an awesome chef in the next couple months (since i'm forced to learn how to cook, but have this compulsion to try and do it, like, Ace-of-Cakes level) so you've been forewarned: many tales of adventures in making yummy shit lie ahead. so far i only have stories of burnt sweet potato fries and rubbery salmon so i'll spare you

No comments:

Post a Comment