Saturday, February 2

crop crop

my final semester of parsons started this week, i'm really excited for the classes i'm taking and the things i'll create in them.


i have been having a lot of fun with patterns lately (using the word "pattern" loosely here...they're more of like, experiments that somewhat end up resembling a pattern if I crop it the right way)






^ this was made haphazardly and the process couldn't be repeated if i tried my damn hardest...which is like, my favorite way to make art. the black part was a black painted sun on scrap paper that i scanned in. the petals were also painted black shapes on paper, that i scanned, duplicated a zillion times, and messed with the textures and colors and layers until the above image appeared and it made me trippy and excited for spring in a dark way~the best way





akjkjfhg i love texture and detail! i find that illustrations are 10x more lovely when zoomed in and blown up so you can see all the imperfections and nuances. *sighhhh* i love it


so I did that with a few more "patterns" too, and added them as design in my society 6 shop. they look super cool on the iphone cases. i want to make more for the pillow covers soon. i love soc 6, it is like a shop playground to me. i can try out designs and patterns and not have to commit to buying fabric since i get bored easily/change my mind every 1.5 hours







i'm also really enjoying the work i've made at my internships so far. this is one of the coupon booklet cover redesigns I did for the Campus Clipper, winter edition




also, i've been working heavily with illustrator and photoshop lately for various projects, and try to use the computers at Parsons whenever I can, because 1) huge beautiful desktop screens and 2) they have adobe CS6 and it's **amazing**

No comments:

Post a Comment